[Samba] wbinfo and Samba 3.00rc4

Terry Poperszky Terry.Poperszky at SOSStaffing.Com
Tue Sep 23 12:40:57 GMT 2003

I just did a fresh install of Samba and when I try and test my windbind
configuration I get the following error. This is happening on two
different SuSE 8.2 boxes.

wbinfo: relocation error: /usr/local/samba/lib/charset/CP850.so:
undefined symbol: smb_register_charset

smbd, nmbd and winbindd all run without error, and the box is accessible
via an smb connection on the network.I am using the same smb.conf file
that is working on two other 3.00rc1 boxes.

Suggestions?

Terry

smb.conf

[global]
        workgroup = MYDOMAIN
        server string = Network Development Server
        security = domain
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        password server = *
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m