[Samba] Mounting windows file system

Skip Evans evans at ncseweb.org
Mon Sep 22 16:09:42 GMT 2003

Hi all,

I just installed Redhat 9, but can't see how to mount
Windows file system directories on our network. From
the Network Servers menu options I can get to the
machines, but want to set mountpoints further down in
the file systems on these machines so I don't have to
walk so far down to get at files.

Also, my applications such as Openoffice write and such
cannot see the Windows machines from /mnt and the smb
point does not show up.

I'm pretty well versed in Unix, but have no real
experience with Samba. Most of my experience is just
with Unix to Unix machines.

Someone told me to go from the menu to System Settings
--> Server Settings --> Samba Server, but I have no
Samba Server option there, only one that says 'Services.'

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks much Sambanistas!
--
Skip Evans
Network Project Director
evans at ncseweb.org
http://www.ncseweb.org

NCSE now has a one way broadcast news list.
Please note that this is NOT a discussion
list. You cannot post messages for members
to receive. We use this list to broadcast
news about the creationism/evolution issue
to interested parties.

To sign up send:
subscribe ncse your at email.address.here
to: majordomo at ncseweb2.org