[Samba] Samba PDC not creating roaming profiles

Lee Martin LeeM at alvisomc.co.za
Sun Sep 21 12:49:42 GMT 2003

Hi All,

I have recently moved my PDC from a linux suse 7.0 box to a
Solaris 8 server. I have downloaded the samba 2.2.8a and
installed it without any errors.
I used my old smb.conf and made the neccasry changes to it, I
have pasted it below.

I don't receive any errors, it just ends up using a local profile and
doesn't bother to update it to the server.

I have looked at countless documents going through the procedure
of setting up the profiles but not any regarding problems.

If anyone could help me or at least guide me in the right direction,
I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Lee

smb.conf:

# Global parameters
[global]
	workgroup = PROE
	netbios name = CADADM
	server string = CADADM Samba Server
	interfaces = 192.9.201.29/24 192.9.202.129/24

# PDC Settings
	encrypt passwords = Yes
	passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
	passwd chat = *Enter*NEW*password* %n\n *Reenter*NEW*password* %n\n 	*Password*Changed*
	passwd chat debug = Yes
	unix password sync = Yes

# Logging Settings
	log level = 2
	log file = /var/samba/log.%m
	max log size = 100

# Time-Sync Settings
	time service = yes
	dos filetimes = yes

# Roaming Profile Settings

	domain admin group = root @ntadmin
	add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 100 -s /bin/false -M %u
	logon script = startup.bat
	logon path = \\%N\profiles\%U
	domain logons = Yes
	os level = 64
	preferred master = Yes
	domain master = Yes
	wins support = Yes
	remote announce = 192.9.202.255
	admin users = root

[netlogon]
	comment = PROE domains logon service
	path = /usr/local/samba/netlogon
	write list = root
	browseable = No
	read only = Yes

[profiles]
	path = /usr/local/samba/ntprofile
	read only = No
	create mask = 0600
	directory mask = 0700
	browseable = Yes

end smb.conf:

DISCLAIMER:
The information contained in this communication is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorised to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient please inform us of its receipt by you. You are hereby notified that you must not disclose, copy, distribute or take any action in reliance of the contents of this information, which must be immediately deleted.

This e-mail was checked by the e-Sweeper Service.
For more information visit our website, Baltimore Technologies e-Sweeper :
http:// www.mimesweeper.baltimore.com/products/esweeper/