[Samba] SSO holy grail from NT4

Chew, Darren darrenc at vicscouts.asn.au
Sun Sep 21 06:24:40 GMT 2003

Hi All,

Has anyone got details on how to successfully achieve this? I have tried
using `net rpc vampire` and the smbldap toolkit with little success. The
smbldap toolkit seems to get a little further, and I am able to migrate
NT/LM hashes to the sambaLMPassword/sambaNTPassword LDAP attributes. But I
am unable to also populate the "userPassword" attribute also. I had to
hack the smbldap toolkit to include Idmap ou's and dn's.

I wish to be able to use LDAP authentication for applications. Has managed
to find this holy grail? Any help well received. Thanks.

Darren