[Samba] Latest Samba Disto for Os390/Unix ?

Alexander List alexlist at sbox.tu-graz.ac.at
Sat Sep 20 18:25:04 GMT 2003

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 John_Gardner at nfumutual.co.uk wrote:

> (I have tried downloading the 'samba-latest.tar.gz' file from the mirror
> site,but as I cannot unzip/untar it,due to not having the 'gzip' program
> !).
>  Therfore I am not sure how compatible it may or may not be with my
> Os390/Uss platform.

C'mon John,

are you a system administrator for an S/390? :-)

If I understand you correctly, you are trying to tell us that Samba might
not be compatible with your OS because your OS doesn't have a certain
unzipping program installed by default?

You sound like a Windows user who fails to install WinZip...

www.gzip.org has the gzip source, in case there's no binaries available
for your OS. If you fail to build gzip, you will most likely have a hard
time building Samba...

AFAIR OS/390 allows you to host "other" operating systems that might work,
then you could e.g. install Debian and run Samba in that virtual
machine...

scnr

Alex

--
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
		--John Lennon