[Samba] couldn't write to home dir

kurt weiss input.maillists at kwnet.at
Sat Sep 20 06:14:16 GMT 2003

maybe your parent directory has the wrong rights:
e.g.:

/network/samba/username
user: username group: wingroup

network: root.root         0750 (drwxr-x---)
samba:   root.wingroup     0777 (drwxrwxrwx)
username:username.wingroup 0777 (drwxrwxrwx)
*** this will *not* work - u need basically executable rights on all
parent directories. (mistake in 'network')

network: root.root         0751 (drwxr-x--x)
samba:   root.wingroup     0750 (drwxr-x---)
username:username.wingroup 0700 (drwx------)
*** this will work - username has minimal x rights on all parents...

i hope it helpes...
gk