[Samba] General browseability of samba shares

Bob Hartung rwhart at netexpress.net
Thu Sep 18 19:25:36 GMT 2003

Hi all,
   I have samba-2.2.7a installed on fresh install of RH9.  I
have samba running.  From an NT4.0 server I can browse both
the shares and the printer installed on the samba server
box.  However I cannot browse from the Win2K box sitting
next to it.

   I can do a "net use p: //SAMBASERVER/public
/user:maindesk " and then authenticate from the w2k computer
with password.    The share then is available to the win2k
machine (maindesk).  I cannot browse to this share via
network neighborhood nor can I see the printer by browing
after starting "add printer"

   I'm sure the solution would be simple but when you can't
find it, it becomes damn difficult.

TIA for any suggestions.

Bob Hartung