[Samba] Can not register W2K computer (WXP and W98 withoutproblems)

Ricardo Martinezgarza ricardo at nexxis.com.mx
Thu Sep 18 16:21:37 GMT 2003

Reiner.

Thanks, it worked !!!

Best regards

_________________________
Ricardo Martinezgarza F.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Reiner Buehl [mailto:reiner at buehl.net]
Enviado el: Miércoles, 17 de Septiembre de 2003 13:29
Para: samba at lists.samba.org

Hi,

I had the same problem and the following steps executed on the Win2K system
as Administrator did it for me:

Start the Administrative Tools (Start / Settings / Control Panel /
Administrative Tools). From there start the Local Security Policy.
In the Local Security Policy open Local Policies and then Security Options.
Disable the following entries:
Domain member: Digitally encrypt or sign secure channel data (Always)
Domain member: Digitally encrypt secure channel data (when possible)
Domain member: Digitally sign secure channel data (when possible)
Domain member: Require strong (Windows 2000 or later) session key

In the Group Policy Editor (C:\windows\system32\gpedit.msc) enable the
following entry:
Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\User Profiles\do not
check for user ownership of roaming profiles folders

Best regards,
Reiner.