[Samba] Problem joining Samba3rc4 PDC+LDAP with Win 2k/XP

Gino Vergara vvergara at mail.speedway.com.pe
Thu Sep 18 15:34:36 GMT 2003

Does anyone know how to fix this?

****

The following error occurred attempting to join the domain MYDOMAIN:

     No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.

****

I'm migrating from samba2.2.8a to Samba3, with samba2 I didn´t have this
problem, and is almost the same conf.

This is my smb.conf

[global]
        workgroup = MYGROUP
        server string = Samba Server
        passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://localhost:389
        passwd program = /usr/bin/perl /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-passwd.pl %u
        passwd chat = *new*password* %n\n *new*password* %n\n *successfully*
        unix password sync = Yes
        printcap name = cups
        add machine script = /usr/bin/perl /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl
-w %u
        logon drive = U:
        domain logons = Yes
        os level = 43
        preferred master = Yes
        domain master = Yes
        dns proxy = No
        wins support = Yes
        ldap suffix = dc=ibm,dc=com
        ldap machine suffix = ou=Computers,dc=ibm,dc=com
        ldap user suffix = ou=Users,dc=ibm,dc=com
        ldap group suffix = ou=Groups,dc=ibm,dc=com
        ldap idmap suffix = ou=idmap,dc=ibm,dc=com
        ldap admin dn = cn=Manager,dc=ibm,dc=com
        ldap ssl = no
        ldap passwd sync = Yes
        printing = cups

[homes]