[Samba] smbpasswd -a ldapsam problem

Gunther Schlegel schlegel at riege.de
Thu Sep 18 12:14:32 GMT 2003

Hello,

I noticed the following issue:

when I add the default configuration for ldapsearches from the Howto
collection §10.4.4.6, example 10.2

ldap filter = (&(uid=%u)(objectclass=sambaSamAccount))

to smb.conf I cannot run

smbpasswd -a [username]

anymore. It works fine without the ldap filter statement.

I noticed that the ldap queries are different with ldap filter activated
( from the ldap logfile ):

Sep 18 14:02:33 fermat slapd[1952]: conn=107 op=29 SRCH base="ou=Riege
Software,dc=riege,dc=com" scope=2
filter="(&(&(uid=jaeger)(objectClass=sambaSamAccount))(obje
ctClass=sambaSamAccount))"

Is the default wrong or does the filter not work at all?

regards, Gunther

--
Gunther Schlegel                    Riege Software International GmbH
Manager System Administration                            Mollsfeld 10

Disclaimer:
You may grab my GPG key from http://www.keyserver.net .
A nonproportional font is recommended for reading.