[Samba] Re: More than one logon script, can I have?

mamue at lb-bbs1.emd.ni.schule.de mamue at lb-bbs1.emd.ni.schule.de
Thu Sep 18 10:11:10 GMT 2003

>> You don't have to use a batch file for a logon script. You
>> can use a Visual Basic script instead. You can use "Select
>> Case" to have it do different things for different users.
>

> Interesting idea, but that would mean that all users would have access
> to the script and could see what others were getting couldn't they?
>

> The example in the manual with Perl making a script on the fly looks
> interesting though.  I haven't read it through yet, busy busy :(.

I create all logon script on the fly from ldap. I created a little schema
with a script attribute and there I put all DOS-batch commands. At logon
time (preexec in [netlogon]) for every user all script-parts for the
groups the user belongs to, the room-script (rooms associate to IPs) for
the printer connection and at last the script from the user-entry if there
is any script attribute are taken from ldap. It doesn't take much CPU
power and works since half a year without any faults.
I anything does not work ("Can't print!") I can still examine the batch-file.

Just my 0,02€

Malte Müller