[Samba] Odd large group behavior in winbind

jeremy at courter.org jeremy at courter.org
Wed Sep 17 17:16:17 GMT 2003

  Looks like I was looking in the wrong place on this one - I checked the
group and it does have fewer than 32k users.  I changed the timeout value on
line 1289 of libsmb/cliconnect.c (the version that is in RC4) to 20 seconds
(instead of 10) and the group is accessible now.  Would it be possible to move
this setting to smb.conf rather than hard-coding it?

  I'm still looking for information regarding why ls -l is so slow when
encountering a file owned by a large group.

Thanks,
Jeremy