[Samba] Is Samba ready for it?

Fernando Ribeiro fernando at puc-campinas.edu.br
Tue Sep 16 11:54:13 GMT 2003

Hi,

I am migrating from WinNT 4 to Samba 3 beta3 in a production
environment.
It would be nice to have some advice, because I don't know if Samba is
ready for assuming this ;-)
I never heard about any one that had something like this.
This is kind of a big network so it will be 1 PDC (Samba) , 4 BDC's
(Samba) and 2 File Servers (w2k). I will have a minimum of 800 machines
and 2000 users logging on to Samba.
There are more users because of Internet Authentication.
I have Samba 3 beta3 working with NIS and rsync synchronization of
smbpasswd, no db backend. Is this a problem?
And I can't find a solution for using account policy to block the user
account after bad logins, pdbedit doesn't seem to work.

If more information is needed just ask me.

Any thoughts will be welcome.

Thanks in advance for advices!

Fernando Henrique Ribeiro da Silva