[Samba] Samba 3.0.0rc3 : HPUX Makefile problem

Peter Van Biesen peter.vanbiesen at vlafo.be
Tue Sep 16 09:09:06 GMT 2003

do a strings or nm to see if the symbol is in there, if it is, check
your library search path. My experience is to always link statically,
that way, if it runs, it runs even after installing buggy quality
patches from HP.

I have installed the rc3 on several machines, but it only runs on
machines with an gcc installed on it. On all others it cores, possibly
runtime libraries ... :-\ hence my preference for static linking ...

Peter.