[Samba] Windows XP Browsing Problems

Radio Gong 2000 GmbH & Co. KG [Technik] sascha.bieler at radiogong.de
Tue Sep 16 08:27:18 GMT 2003

Hi again,

I tried all you said, but now I found the problem, I think.
It has nothing to do with wins or not. My dns works very good and is
definetly not missconfigured. But when I change in smb.conf security =
"domain" to "user", as described in the how-to's, the windows xp
professional boxes (not the home versions) don't find any share-names. Wins
is configured on this box.
If I switch back again to security = domain, everything works again, but in
network neighborhood I see the server as BDC and not, as is configured, PDC.

That's since my update to CVS 3.0.1pre1. Is there a bug maybe or ajust a
change I don't know about?

Thank you for helping.

Greetings

Sascha