[Samba] Re: samba-3.0.0rc4 && acl-support

Marc Schoechlin ms at LF.net
Tue Sep 16 06:55:24 GMT 2003

Hi !

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 08:31:39AM +0200, Christopher Odenbach wrote:

> I don't know about samba 3, but in samba 2.2.x acl support was an option
> to be set at configure time (before compiling).
>
> The smb.conf option "nt acl support" only maps the ordinary unix
> permissions to acl-like entries:
>
>      nt acl support (S)
>           This boolean parameter controls  whether  smbd(8)  will
>           attempt  to map UNIX permissions into Windows NT access
>           control lists.  This parameter was  formally  a  global
>           parameter in releases prior to 2.2.2.
>
>           Default: nt acl support = yes
>

> So you normally only get three entries: one for the user, one for the
> group, one for everybody.

Thanks a lot :-)

I added the configure-option and "nt acl support = yes" :-))

I have to learn to read the manpages more in detail :-)))

Thanks you  - i will try this later.....

Best regards

Marc Schoechlin
--

Gruss / Best regards  |  LF.net GmbH        |  fon +49 711 90074-413
Marc Schoechlin       |  Ruppmannstr. 27    |  fax +49 711 90074-33