[Samba] xp clients + home directories are SLOOOW

Tom Dickson bombcar at bombcar.com
Tue Sep 16 02:05:21 GMT 2003

Would it be possible to put code in say, smbclient or nmbd that would do
something like this:

%smbclient -L //nosuchwinsname
......(5 seconds)......
No quick response; there are NO WINS servers on this subnet, see wins.txt
<continue>

Perhaps make it a nmblookup option... maybe I'll hack something together
this weekend.

- -Tom Dickson