[Samba] SCO Open Server 5.06 Several Problems running make

CDMS Inc. cdms at cdms-inc.com
Mon Sep 15 21:04:56 GMT 2003

SCO Open Server Enterprise 5.06, Samba-2.2.8a

I received the following compile errors:

smbd/server.c line 302 argument is incompatible with prototype: arg #3
smbd/password.c line 664, argument is incompatible with prototype: arg #1
libsmb/clirap.c line 114 argument is incompatible with prototype arg #9
                      line 114 argument is incompatible with prototype arg#11
                      line 164 argument is incompatible with prototype arg#9
                      line 164 argument is incompatible with prototype arg#11
                      line 244 argument is incompatible with prototype arg#9
                      line 244 argument is incompatible with prototype arg#11
                      line 356 argument is incompatible with prototype arg#4
                      line 356 argument is incompatible with prototype arg#6
libsmp/clireadwrite.c line 60; shift count negative or too big >> 32
libsmp/clireadwrite.c line 288; shift count negative or too big >> 32
libsmp.clisecdesc.c line 52 argument invalid with protype arg #3
libsmp/clisecdesc.c line 116 argument invalid with protype arg#3
libsmp/clisecdesc.c line 116 argument invalid with protype arg#5
clidgram.c line 210 argument incompatible with prototype arg #3
rpc_parse/parse_spoolss.c line 1209 assignment type mismatch
rpc_parse/parse_spoolss.c line 6666 assignment type mismatch
passdb/secrets.s line 59 assignment type mismatch
passdb/secrets.s line 74 assignment type mismatch
passdb/secrets.s line 76 assignment type mismatch
passdb/secrets.s line 89 assignment type mismatch
lib/system.c line 141 argument incompatible with protype arg #6
lib/util_str.c line 104 argument type mismatch
lib/util_sock.c line 40 incompatible with prototype arg #5
lib/util_sock.c line 108 incompatible with prototype arg #5
lib/util_sock.c line 1011 incompatible with prototype arg #3
lib/util_sock.c line 1149 incompatible with prototype arg #3
lib/util_sock.c line 1163 incompatible with prototype arg #3

tdb/tdb.c line 119 improper pointer/integer combination op"=="
tdb/tdbutil.c line 46 argument incompatible with protype arg #1
tdb/tdbutil.c line 73 assignment type mismatch
tdb/tdbutil.c line 87 assignment type mismatch
tdb/tdbutil.c line 103 assignment type mismatch
tdb/tdbutil.c line 134 assignment type mismatch
tdb/tdbutil.c line 162 assignment type mismatch
tdb/tdbutil.c line 194 assignment type mismatch
tdb/tdbutil.c line 224 assignment type mismatch
tdb/tdbutil.c line 242 assignment type mismatch
smbd/oplock.c line 1225 argument is incompatible with protype arg#3

I am wondering if these compilation errors are causing a problem with starting smbd.  When I issue the nmbd start it starts fine, but when I start the smbd - I receive an abort - and a core dump an an error,
which increments everytime I attempt to start smbd.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cathy S. Welsh
Operations Manager
CDMS Inc.