[Samba] Digital Media Players

Joe Wojnas wojnas at verizon.net
Mon Sep 15 21:01:16 GMT 2003

I figure someone with a smarter brain than I has successfully done this.  On my home Linux Server running Samba I store my mp3 collection.  I've been looking at those digital media players that allow you to play your songs through your home stereo without having your computer near by.  An example of this is the Linksys WMA11B Wireless Digital Media Adapter.  The problem resides is all these boxes require a Windows based program to be running on them.  My goal is to have one of these things connect to my Linux box.  I've debating to try WINE, but I am not sure how the networking would work out.

Thanks in advance for you help!

Joe