[Samba] problems setting a samba-server as a PDC(with win2k clients)

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Mon Sep 15 17:40:38 GMT 2003

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003, Hemond, Steve wrote:

> Sandro,
>
> I'm not sure about it since i'm also new to samba, but I think you have
> to set you security mode to DOMAIN.

Steve,

No. "security = DOMAIN" means be a MEMBER of a domain.

The Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf chapters 5 and 7 are the key chapters you
need to understand. The URL for hte current version is:

	http://us1.samba.org/samba/devel/docs/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf

This will be published as a 700 page book with fully worked examples. The
publisher is Prentice Hall and the book will be called "The Official
Samba-3 HOWTO and Reference Guide."

The fully worked examples are not in the HOWTO document referred to above.

- John T.

>  > [global]
>  >         workgroup = SAMBA
>  >         netbios aliases = sigma