[Samba] problems setting a samba-server as a PDC(with win2k clients)

Hemond, Steve SHEMOND at SMURFIT.com
Mon Sep 15 17:22:03 GMT 2003

Sandro,

I'm not sure about it since i'm also new to samba, but I think you have to set you security mode to DOMAIN.

 > [global]
 >         workgroup = SAMBA
 >         netbios aliases = sigma
 >         encrypt passwords = yes
 >
 >         domain master = Yes
 >         local master = yes
 >         preferred master = Yes
 >         os level = 65
 >
 >         domain logons = Yes
 >
 >         log level = 2

Give it a try ...

Steve Hémond
Programmeur Analyste / Analyst Programmer
Smurfit-Stone, Ressources Forestières
La Tuque, P.Q.
Tel.: (819) 676-8100 X2833