[Samba] Problem_printing_on_2.2.8a

emma emma juicy1999_2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 15 14:07:21 GMT 2003

Hello everyone,

I have installed SUSE 8.0, configured and tested Samba
2.2.3a and Cups, but now cups wont print again.

on the log file I have error:

unable to connect to CUPS server localhost -
Connection refused!

Though I have in my cups file, confirmed the presence
of:
> <Location />
> Order Deny,Allow
> Deny From All
> Allow From 127.0.0.1
> </Location>

 and in the service [Printer]

path = /var/spool/lpd/lp

> Here are the errors contained in the CUPS error_log
file:

> Default destination set to `HPLASERJET8100` by
`root`.

"http://194.180.77.60:80/" (was
"http://194.180.77.60:80/".)

> Setting HPLASERJET8100 printer-is-accepting-jobs to
1 (was 1.)

> Setting HPLASERJET8100 printer-state to 3 (was 4.)
>
> Saving printers.conf.....
>
> Printer "HPLASERJET8100" modified by "root"
>
> set_default: resource name `/printers/` no good!
>
> When i send a YAST2 testpage to print i get no
response from the
Printer neither an error message from YAST2.

> What could possibly be the problem. Any help would
be appreciated.

Best Regards

Iyke Adibe

System Developer(Intern)