[Samba] Samba 2.2.8.a for Solaris 7 and Solaris 9

Chew, Darren darrenc at vicscouts.asn.au
Mon Sep 15 13:25:04 GMT 2003

Hi Frédéric,

Samba 2.2.8a comes with Solaris 9, just install the required packages,
SUNWsmbac, SUNWsmbar, and SUNWsmbau. Install patch 114684-02 from sunsolve
if you have a release older than 8/03. Otherwise the above mentioned patch
is included in the Solaris 9 Recommended Patch Cluster.

Darren

http://sunsolve.sun.com/pub-cgi/findPatch.pl?patchId=114684&rev=02

root at localhost # pkginfo|grep samba
system      SUNWsmbac                        samba - A Windows SMB/CIFS
fileserver for UNIX (client)
system      SUNWsmbar                        samba - A Windows SMB/CIFS
fileserver for UNIX (Root)
system      SUNWsmbau                        samba - A Windows SMB/CIFS
fileserver for UNIX (Usr)

root at localhost # /usr/sfw/sbin/smbd -V
Version 2.2.8a

root at localhost # cat /etc/release
                        Solaris 9 8/03 s9s_u4wos_08a SPARC
           Copyright 2003 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
                        Use is subject to license terms.
                             Assembled 13 June 2003