[Samba] Samab and a NT4.0 PDC

Brian Reichholf brian.reichholf at login.co.at
Mon Sep 15 06:31:44 GMT 2003

I've been trying to get Samba to authenticate against an NT PDC using a very
helpful guide
(http://www.dragoninc.on.ca/mail-archives/samba-ntdom/2001-11/0159.html).

The setup works fine, and it looks great.

When I type `wbinfo -a DOMAIN+user%pass' it gives me the message:
plaintext password authentication succeeded
challenge/response password authentication succeeded

this leads me to think that it works fine.

But when I want to login via telnet, or windows shares for that matter it
won't work (with telnet it just tells me `login failed' when using the same
DOMAIN+user and `pass' as password as with wbinfo)

When running winbindd in interactive mode it doesn't output any
information/errors when I try to login on the samba server.

Samba version: 2.2.7a

Help would greatly be appreciated.

Best regards,
-brian reichholf