[Samba] delete file problem with samba

Tom Dickson bombcar at bombcar.com
Mon Sep 15 03:15:56 GMT 2003

This may be an artifact of the way Windows/UNIX differ in file deletion.
In UNIX, you can delete a file that is open, and the file will remain
readable by the process, but the moment that process closes the file, it
is deleted. Deleting the directory (which for UNIX is a special file)
from the left hand pane may leave an open file handle for it (the right
hand pane is looking at it, too). If it works, I'd just ignore it for now.

Hope this makes some sense, as I am getting tired....

- -Tom

Joseph Yuen wrote:
| I am running samba 2.2.8a on FreeBSD 4.8. I installed that from the
FreeBSD