[Samba] new to Samba with a problem

Mark Liu markliu1989 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 15 02:31:25 GMT 2003

I am using Samba2.2.8 on my Redhat 9 system.

I followed the steps given in the book using Samba by
Ts, Ecstein, et al., except I did not use
     oplocks = no

because if I use it, I will problem when I do
testparm, which says "Invalid combination of
parameters for service test. Level II oplocks can only
be set if oplocks are also set."

Then I ran

smbclient -U% -L localhost

But I got this:

[root at RedHat samba]# smbclient -U% -L localhost
added interface ip=192.168.0.215 bcast=192.168.0.255
nmask=255.255.255.0
timeout connecting to 127.0.0.1:139
Error connecting to 127.0.0.1 (Operation already in
progress)
Connection to localhost failed
[root at RedHat samba]#

I am sure how to fix this.