[Samba] Call for Feedback

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Sat Sep 13 21:59:37 GMT 2003

Fellow Advocates,

I am in the final stages of updating the Samba-HOWTO-collection.

I am curious how many people have read the document that ships with
Samba-3.0.0 Release Candidates. More particularly, I urgently need
updates, fixes and any material you believe needs to be included.

The total volume of the HOWTO now translates to over 700 pages when
produced in the size of a standard book. That is too much to expect people
to print casually.

The HOWTO documentation will be published by Prentice Hall. The title will
be "The Samba-3 HOWTO and Reference Guide" aand the ISBN number is
0-13-145355-6. I would like the book to be accurate, complete in it's
content, and a durable reference work.

Please give me your feedback and suggestions as soon as possible.
I am working on this today and tomorrow. All corrections and additions
must be completed within two or three days. The complete HOWTO will go to
the printer on Friday Sept. 19th.

So far there has been feedback from around 60 people. That's not many out
of all the subscribers on this list. I guess you are all too busy. If not,
and if you can spare the time and the effort, I assure you of personal
attention. Plesae help to make the Samba-3.0.0 release a new benchmark in
open source software practices. We want to achieve the best product
quality, best documentation, and the most valuable over-all release to
date.

Samba-3.0.0 is due to ship imminently, so for both the
Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf _AND_ the book to be complete time is short.

Will you do your bit to help us to turn the vision into reality?

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org