[Samba] Can't join Domain

Dominic Iadicicco dnotch825 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 12 17:14:13 GMT 2003

Hello all,

I know this question has probably been asked before
but here goes anyway.

   When I try to join this win2000 machine to a 2.2.7
samba domain I get this error:
          "The following error occurred attempting
           to join the domain "XXXXXXX"
          The account used is a computer account,
          use your global user account or local
          user account to access this server."

 Now so far I have joined this domain from all other
win NT, 2000 and XP workstations with no problems.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks in advance.