[Samba] SAMBA3 PDC Domain Admins

Matt Kirk matt_kirk at ncsu.edu
Fri Sep 12 15:25:13 GMT 2003

I've got a small problem and I'm sure it's something small I'm missing,
however I cannot get any other user other than root to act as a domain
admin. The machine is running RedHat 9 with samba-3.0.0beta3-1.i386.rpm
installed.  It is set up as a PDC and I have successfully created unix
groups and mapped them to the samba NT groups.  I have created 3
accounts:  root, sscmjk(my login), and ssc13 (a machine account).  I can
add the machine to the domain using the root account, however I was
unable to add it using my account.  I also am unable to use my account
in any other domain admin fashion.

I have the following setup:
in /etc/group ...  dom_admins:x:200:sscmjk,root
using net groupmap list I see ...  Domain Admins
(S-1-5-21-1201715603-3291376550-2865086597-512) -> dom_admins

So what am I missing?

Thanks in advance,
~Matt

Matt Kirk
Computer Support &  Distance Learning Developement
3230 Willams Hall
Dept. of Soil Science, NC State University
(919) 513-2553
matt_kirk at ncsu.edu