[Samba] Password Expiration

Leif W warp-9.9 at usa.net
Thu Sep 11 22:47:15 GMT 2003

(Sorry if this post is a duplicate, but I posted the message two days ago
and still have not seen it on the list).

Looking in the mail archives [1] I see someone else had a similar problem
but I saw no resolution.  I got the error: NT_STATUS_PASSWORD_EXPIRED. (btw
error RAP2242).  I'm 100% positive the user's system password was not
expired, I was able to log into the system console, and via ssh.  When I
changed the password using smbpasswd, it worked again.  But I'd like to know
where I can change the samba password expiration time, or set it when
creating a new samba user, so it will not expire at all, or not in one week,
but a year or 6 months instead.

Leif

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-user@lists.debian.org/msg48708.html