[Samba] insufficient permissions to open spool file ........

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Thu Sep 11 17:11:08 GMT 2003

Iyke,

You need to configure CUPS to accept the connection. The file you must
edit is /etc/cups/cupsd.conf, not Samba's smb.conf.

You need to make sure that your cupsd.conf has entries like the following:

<Location />
Order Deny,Allow
Deny From All
Allow From 127.0.0.1
</Location>

Have you checked the contents of your CUPS log files to see why it is
rejecting the connection from Samba?

- John T.