[Samba] Samba 3.0b3+CUPS+server drivers

Boogerman boogerman at interar.com.ar
Thu Sep 11 16:39:37 GMT 2003

I'm trying to setup a printer using Cups, using cupsaddsmb

It uploads the files ok (smbclient ... -c 'mkdir W32X86;put ...;put ...')

It adds the driver ok (rpcclient -c 'adddriver "Windows NT X86"
"Canon:file1:file2..."
(I have verified this worked from server properties in "printers and faxes"
of the linux server: the driver "canon" shows up in the list"

Then when it does rpcclient -c 'setdriver Canon Canon' I get:
SetPrinter call failed!
result was WERR_ACCESS_DENIED

At the same time I run this command, I get this in log.smbd:
[2003/09/11 13:35:38, 0] smbd/oplock_linux.c:linux_init_kernel_oplocks(289)
  Failed to setup RT_SIGNAL_LEASE handler

I'm adding the CUPS postscript with the foomatic ppd of a Canon BJC-1000,
wich is properly configured in CUPS (the print test page works).

Any clues?

Here's my smb.conf:

[global]
        netbios name = Natsumi
        server string = Linux Server
        workgroup = BoogerSoft
        passdb backend = smbpasswd

        hosts allow = 192.168.0. 127.0.0.1

        ;act as domain and master browser
        os level = 64
        preferred master = yes
        domain master = yes
        local master = yes

        security = user

        encrypt passwords = yes

        domain logons = yes

        ;do not set this to \\%N\%U\{whatever}
        logon path = \\%N\profile\%u
        logon drive = H:

        ;logon script, relative to the [netlogon] share
        logon script = logon.cmd

        ;neither of these seem to work with 3.0
        ;client code page = 850
        ;character set = ISO8859-1