[Samba] domain-logons : w2k clients complains about still existant machines

Marc Schoechlin ms-samba at bart.LF.net
Thu Sep 11 16:33:12 GMT 2003

Hi !

I have problems with samba3.0.0-rc3 to get domain-access :-(

Joining the the domain(after doing a sucessful smbpasswd -a -m <machine>)
with the user "root" works well, but after I
reboot the Win2K Workstation i get on this machine a message which
says, that another computer is also using this name.

The logfile of the win2k workstation says also that a ip-adress-conflict
is present.

So I tried out another win2k-machine(with another name) - but the
problem also appears on this machine.

I´m currently loggin on loglevel 3 - but there are no messages which
are suggesting errors.(log.smbd, log.nmbd, log.<machine>)

In which sequence should i start the different daemons ?

I currently starting "nmbd; smbd" .....

My configuration is:
--
[global]
   workgroup = UML

   socket options = TCP_NODELAY
   local master = no
   os level = 80
   domain master = yes
   preferred master = yes
   domain logons = yes
   local master = yes
   os level = 65
   nt acl support = yes
 [homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = no
   writable = yes
 [netlogon]
   comment = Network Logon Service
   path = /usr/local/samba/lib/netlogon
   guest ok = yes
   writable = no
[Profiles]
    path = /usr/local/samba/profiles
    browseable = no
    guest ok = yes
[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /usr/spool/samba
   browseable = no
   guest ok = no
   writable = no
   printable = yes
   public = yes
[public]
   comment = Public Stuff
   path = /serv/share
   public = yes
   writable = yes
   printable = no
   write list = @users
--

Best regards

Marc Schoechlin

--

Gruss / Best regards  |  LF.net GmbH        |  fon +49 711 90074-413
Marc Schoechlin       |  Ruppmannstr. 27    |  fax +49 711 90074-33