[Samba] Is anybody else having trouble with domain joins?

José Luis Tallón jltallon at adv-solutions.net
Thu Sep 11 15:18:43 GMT 2003

Hi all.

We have a setup with a Samba PDC( Samba-3.0.0beta1, Linux Kernel 2.4.22-xfs
), LDAPSAM( OpenLDAP 2.1.22 ).

Everything seems to be fine, however we are afraid we can get in trouble
because of bugs which have been recently fixed in releases up to RC3,
specially panics in multibyte conversion routines.
Upgrading to RC2 had the undesirable effect of making every attempt to join
a computer to the domain result in a "could not locate user" error.
Downgrading to beta1 returned the behaviour to normal.

Anybody else has this problem? Suggestions, comments, whatever?
If the answer is no, I shall file a bug in Bugzilla, with as much info as i
can provide.

Thanks in advance.

Best,
	J.L.