[Samba] Samba and CUPS Config Issue

Jason D. Lee jason.lee at hobbylobby.com
Thu Sep 11 15:00:16 GMT 2003

We have printing working from our Win2K clients, but the problem we have is
that, once a printer is mapped on the client, if we look at that printer in
the printers control panel, we don't see the comment or location fields as
having any data.  Since these fields are blank, our Win9x clients won't be
able to map to any printers on this box, as they apparently depend on the
comment field from the print server.  What we can't figure out is why the
comment fields are showing up blank after mapping the printer (if you browse
the printers, all the comments are there, though) and how to make them show
up.  Any ideas where we're missing something?  Thanks for your help. :)

--
Jason Lee - Programmer
Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc.