[Samba] nmbd -n option is ignored in samba-3.0.0rc3?

Jay Fenlason fenlason at redhat.com
Thu Sep 11 14:49:32 GMT 2003

One of my users is reporting that his Samba configuration is behaving
differently now that I've upgraded to 3.0.0rc3.  He is using nmbd -n
to set the netbios name of the machine.  With samba-2.2.x, this worked
as he expected, and the machine name seen when browsing from Windows
clients whas the name he set with -n.  With 3.0.0rc3, the machine name
reverts to the hostname of the machine.  Using "netbios name = " in
the smb.conf file works as expected with 3.0.0rc3.

			-- JF