[Samba] Re: RC2: Cannot join domain (more info)

José Luis Tallón jltallon at adv-solutions.net
Wed Sep 10 17:41:25 GMT 2003

At 12:47 10/09/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>We have recently upgraded to RC2 from beta2, and we found this behaviour:
>while the "File Server" functions work perfectly well ( as always ), we
>have lost the ability to join machines to the domain, which get rejected
>with "username not found" message. Using LDAP backend.

It seems it was beta1 it worked with:
We managed to downgrade to beta1 ( by overwriting smbd and nmbd with the
binaries from a machine with beta1-1, since we can't find the binaries for
beta1 in the mirrors ).

Beta1 worked joining the machines to the domain at first try.

Is there any additional info i can provide so that this issue can be
tracked down?

Thanks in advance....again!

Regards,
         J.L.