[Samba] Samba authentication

Robert Rati Robert.Rati at motorola.com
Tue Sep 9 22:01:00 GMT 2003

I have two separate subnets, two servers, and one domain.  I want to
serve half of my users from server A and half from server B, but all
users would be able to log onto both subnets.  The reason I want to
separate them like this is so that the home directories and profiles
will be split between the servers.  Is it possible to serve the profiles
and home dirs from a samba server the user doesn't authenticate with?

In other words, what I'd like is for a user on server A (controlling
subnet A) to be able to log into a PC on subnet A and B and have his
home dir and profile servered from server A.  At the same time, I'd like
different users to have the same ability using server B.

Rob