[Samba] PDBEDIT set password change

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Tue Sep 9 18:58:15 GMT 2003

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, George Farris wrote:

> Is this operational yet in samba rc2?  I want to use it to force first
> time login password change.  I can't seem to figure out how to do this.
> Must one try and use PAM?

Yes it is operational in RC2. RC3 was released yesterday, so you might
consider using it.

Instead of using pdbedit for this, I'd strongly recommend that you
download the SrvTools.EXE from Microsoft's web site and use it to manage
user password change enforcement. It's much easier that way.
Instructions are in the Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf in the chapter "Account
Information Databases".

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra