[Samba] AIX 5L and Samba Winbind

Andreas Gerhard a_gerhard at t-online.de
Tue Sep 9 14:17:05 GMT 2003

Hello,

I'm trying to authenticate NT Users when they log in to an AIX 5L
machine against the NT Domain passwords on the windows based PDC. So I
want to have no users or passwords on the AIX system itself. The only
thing is to rexec a command on the AIX system with the NT users account.

Using Samba/WINBIND 3.0rc3 version compiled with a gcc 2.9.5 on the AIX
system and WINBIND copied to /usr/lib/security
I made the following config entries:
in /etc/security/user:
default:    auth1 = SYSTEM
		SYSTEM = WINBIND

in /usr/lib/security:
WINBIND:
	program = /usr/lib/security/WINBIND
	option = authonly

The rexecd seems to have no pam support compiled in. I don't know if
this is necessary with this configuration.

Has anybody tried to get the Samba/Winbind authentication working on
AIX 5.1, 5.2 (5L) ? Any hints are welcome.

Bye

Andreas Gerhard