[Samba] pullin' out my hair because i can't connect to a samba server

Unix Rookie unixrookie at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 9 10:06:57 GMT 2003

my samba server is sound. i've run every test and everything has passed, but
i'm having endless problems connecting to my samba server.

i know this has to me a winxp pro issue.

i've installed the sign or seal patch.

i can see the "sol" domain, but when it comes to connecting to it, i can't. i
get the following error:

Note: This information is intended for a
network administrator.  If you are not your
network's administrator, notify the
administrator that you received this
information, which has been recorded in the
file C:\WINDOWS\debug\dcdiag.txt.

The domain name SOL might be a NetBIOS domain
name.  If this is the case, verify that the
domain name is properly registered with WINS.

If you are certain that the name is not a
NetBIOS domain name, then the following
information can help you troubleshoot your DNS
configuration.

An error occurred when DNS was queried for the
service location (SRV) resource record used to
locate a domain controller for domain SOL.

The error was: "A blocking operation was
interrupted by a call to
WSACancelBlockingCall."
(error code 0x00002714 WSAEINTR)

The query was for the SRV record for