[Samba] Host NTFS Shares on Samba Server?

Eric Boehm boehm at nortelnetworks.com
Mon Sep 8 16:42:07 GMT 2003

On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 08:33:30AM -0800, Tim Jordan, Network Services wrote:

    Tim> Running Samba 2.2.8a I have a secondary hard drive (100GB)
    Tim> full of desktop images that I would like to share.  The drive
    Tim> is installed in my Samba server and currently setup in fstab
    Tim> as:

    Tim> /dev/hda2 /mnt/myntfs ntfs defaults 0 0

    Tim> This allows root access read permissions.

    Tim> Can I setup my Samba server to allow domain admins to access
    Tim> the data on this secondary drive?

You should be able to just create a share that points to /mnt/myntfs

You might want to set 'read only = true' for the share.

Did you try this and get some sort of error message?

Why do you think you need to treat the drive above any differently
from any other share?

--
Eric M. Boehm                  /"\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
boehm at nortelnetworks.com       \ /  No HTML or RTF in mail