[Samba] Samba-3 Ldap Adding Administrator Account

godber at win.co.nz godber at win.co.nz
Mon Sep 8 13:45:10 GMT 2003

Sorry a bit more information

The smb-ldap-3 Howto gives the example

http://www.unav.es/cti/ldap-smb/smb-ldap-3-howto.htm

dn: uid=Administrator, o=smb, dc=unav, dc=es
cn: Administrator
objectClass: sambaAccount
objectClass: posixAccount
uid: Administrator
pwdLastSet: 0
logonTime: 0
logoffTime: 0
kickoffTime: 0
pwdCanChange: 0
pwdMustChange: 0
smbHome: \\%N\
homeDrive: U:
profilePath: \\%N\\profile
rid: 1000
primaryGroupID: 512
lmPassword: 37D5B8AB8069F5B8AB5B8AB8B8AB8069
ntPassword:  5B8AB8B8AB85B8A5B8AB8B8AB82BE319
acctFlags: [UX         ]
gecos: Samba Admin
homeDirectory: /
loginShell: /dev/null
uidNumber: 0
gidNumber: 0

dn: uid=nobody,o=smb, dc=unav, dc=es
objectClass: sambaAccount
objectClass: posixAccount
uid: nobody
pwdLastSet: 1026225030
logonTime: 0
logoffTime: 2147483647
kickoffTime: 2147483647
pwdCanChange: 0
pwdMustChange: 2147483647
displayName: Nobody
cn: Nobody
rid: 501
primaryGroupID: 514
gecos: Nobody or Guest
homeDirectory: /
loginShell: /dev/null
uidNumber: 99
gidNumber: 99
acctFlags: [UX         ]

The example seem to be incomplete

I want to ensure Administrator and Guest have the correct RIDs ie

DOMAIN_USER_RID_ADMIN          0x0000 01F4
DOMAIN_USER_RID_GUEST          0x0000 01F5

The information you give is great but how to ensure the
Administrator/Guest user has the correct RID?

There are good examples of adding users to groups in the howto
but no information on how to set a users rid?

Godfrey