2nd post: [Samba] Changing codepage

Stefan G. Weichinger monitor at oops.co.at
Sun Sep 7 12:27:56 GMT 2003

I repost this message because I havenŽt received any helpful answers
yet:

Hi, samba-users,

IŽm running Samba 2.2.8a at my customerŽs site.
Unfortunately it is set up with the default setting for the parameter
"client code page" which is 437, while the files saved there contain
german special characters.

I would like to change the codepage to 850 and want to know how I can
safely change over. My plan would be to move all the files from the
samba-shares to a temporary-directory on a NT-box, then shut down
Samba, set the codepage-parameter to 850, restart Samba and move the
files back.

Anything special to know or care about in this case??

Thanx for your help.

Stefan G. Weichinger
mailto:monitor at oops.co.at