[Samba] Re: Problem joing domain with samba3

Who Knows quien-sabe at metaorg.com
Sat Sep 6 01:01:31 GMT 2003

I don't have an answer, but I am experiencing the same issues. I was
able to get my machines added to the domain only after creating the
account in LDAP first.

I haven't been able to figure out how to setup Samba to add entries.
Looking the logs after issing a dbedit -a username, it looks like the
directory is queried thouroughly searching for an existing account then
fails when one isn't found.

Fortunately for me my user base is very small so it seemed quicker to do
my setup manually.

--
May the source be with you! Open Source of course!

http://www.wtfo-guru.com - Cooperative Web Hosting