[Samba] this might be a stupid question but how do you set permisions/security attributes on a share with samba3

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Sat Sep 6 00:13:36 GMT 2003

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003, Jeffrey D. Means wrote:

> I am using samba3 latest cvs and now would like to start appling nt
> security permissions to files and shares.  Does anyone have a howto to
> go about this yet??

Have you read Chapter 13 of the Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf that is shipped
as part of the Samba-3 distribution?

This HOWTO document is in the docs directory. The "File and Directory
Access Controls" chapter provides considerable detail in respect of the
controls that you can use as well as how to use them.

If you need more information please let me know.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org