[Samba] Problem to have access samba in subnets

Rogério Oliveira Naressi ronaress at esalq.usp.br
Fri Sep 5 19:35:11 GMT 2003

  Still I continue with a problem that I told these days in
the list, but now obtained to identify better. My server with
samba this functioning and my clients correctly makes access
normally, after some days my clients stops to deny access
samba. Only clients with IP in subnets off samba access samba
ok, clients with IP in other subnets not access samba.
  After I restart smbd e nmbd, clients start to have access
the samba again.
  I have Samba 2.2.3a-12.3 for Debian how PDC in network
with 4 subnets, this runing how Wins Server.

  Help, please !!!

  Rogério.

Rogério Oliveira Naressi - email: ronaress at esalq.usp.br
IPEF - Instit. de Pesq. e Est. Florestais - http://www.ipef.br
Depto de Ciênc. Florestais-ESALQ/USP - http://lcf.esalq.usp.br

My smb.conf:

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# Date: 2003/07/22 10:46:00

# Global parameters
[global]
	workgroup = FLORESTA
	netbios name = MANACA
	server string = %h server (Samba %v)
	encrypt passwords = Yes
	obey pam restrictions = Yes
	passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
	passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n .
	syslog = 0
	log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
	max log size = 1000
	name resolve order = wins
	load printers = No
	printcap name = cups
	add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 100 -s /bin/false -M %u
	logon script = logon.bat
	logon path =
	domain logons = Yes
	os level = 255