[Samba] Samba 3 - ntlm_auth ntlmssp failing

Guenther Deschner guenther.deschner at suse.de
Fri Sep 5 12:44:32 GMT 2003

hi daniel,

On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 07:42:04AM -0400, daniel.jarboe at custserv.com wrote:
> Andrew said it wasn't well documented yet, but the winbindd_priveledged
> pipe needed to be readable by squid.  Chgrp'ing the winbindd_priveledged
> directory (it was chmodded 750) to the squid group solved my problem,
> it's now working great.

unfortunatly the new group-ownership will be lost again, as soon as you
restart winbindd. for me only adding a posix-acl for "squid" was a
long-term-solution. maybe this should be written down somewhere, too...

bye,
guenther
Guenther Deschner                          guenther.deschner at suse.de
SuSE Linux AG                                        GnuPG: 8EE11688
Berliner Str. 27                      phone:  +49 (0) 30 / 430944778
D-13507 Berlin                           fax:  +49 (0) 30 / 43732804