[Samba] Laptop users as domain members; profiles

Scott Werschke scott at werschkes.com
Thu Sep 4 22:36:00 GMT 2003

Sounds great.  Thanks.  But are you also confirming that I have to use
roaming profiles to use cached credentials?  I have read some of the
possible scenarios where roaming profiles can cause loss of information.  It
also seems that to keep these profiles to a reasonable size and thus keep
logon times within reason, I might want to remap My Documents, Outlook
Express store folder, Outlook .pst files, and possibly others.  Do you have
any thoughts on these issues?

Also, I am still concerned about what appears to me to be a limit on caching
50 logons.  Windows 2000 security policy default is to limit the user to
caching 10 previous logons with a maximum of 50.  Perhaps I misunderstand
this policy.

Thanks again.