[Samba] WIN2K Pro works, WINXP-PRO DOES NOT

Jon Robertson jonrobertson at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 4 18:51:39 GMT 2003

Real quick I have 1 Windows 2000 Pro machine that can connect to my Samba
server just fine.....no problems whatsoever.... I have 5 other machines, all
running Windows XP Pro (all have been updated with Microsoft's latest
patches, etc.) that cannot even access the Samba server.  I have only a
Workgroup created, and from each of my XP machines, they all see the Samba
server just fine in the Network Neighborhood.....when I click on it, it says
"Workgroupname is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this
network resource.  Contact the administrator of this server to find out if
you have access permissions.  The network path was not found"

The funny thing is, 2 months ago all my machines could connect just
fine....not a thing in my smb.conf file has changed one iota.....

Any help is greatly appreciated.